Tuesday 3 January 2012

Genesis

Happy New Year!

And it should be a good one.

Many big things happening for me and my family this year; we will have 2 new "Nifty 50" year olds joining us this year as well a baby and a wedding.

So as you can imagine, big plans for some big parties for the Hathways this year.

Our first 50'er will be my Aunt in April. If I know her, and I do, this will be a booze fest at which no one will be safe. (Thank goodness that there is no 'bitch slap' initiations for this achievement).

Next up on the schedule should be the welcoming of the newest Hathway in Illinois. My older brother and his wide are expecting their third child this year and as much as we love the 2 girls that they already have, we are hoping for a boy. Don't get me wrong, if I were to be blessed with another niece I would be extremely happy; but for the sake of my brothers sanity, he needs another boy in the house. Hell, even the dog is female!

Then, Uncle Rick turns 50. I have a personal goal of making his belly button talk this year whilst feeding him a steady diet of rye and ginger. I'm positive he won't mind!

Finally, the Wedding!

As some of you may know, I was engaged previously and before I made the biggest mistake one could make in marrying the wrong person, I found my match! The one who is absolutely "it" for me. The one I could not be without. My very best friend and the person that keeps me going day in and day out.

My Krista!

She had said to me on a number of occasions that if she wanted to get married that she would be the one to ask me, something that has become more common in recent years, women proposing to men. So on one evening after which I spent the majority of the day in meetings with my boss, I was none the wiser as to what was about to happen. She walks in the house and because I was in the office working, she had to make the journey, I'm sure she was nervous about it, up the stairs and come and see me. After a few meaningless words in which nothing was really said, she popped the question. Of course I said yes, because after all, I was planning on asking her to do the same.

Anyway, long story short, we have set the date to be married on December 12, 2012 (that's 12/12/12 for those of you following at home). Mont-Tremblant, QC will never be the same.

A few other things that must be said before we continue.

I am a huge New Orleans Saints and Edmonton Oilers fan. Hopefully that doesn't skew your view of me.

I love to cook and am always thinking of new things to make for me and my family.

And finally, I say what I mean and I mean what I say. I trust that you'll be able to handle that.

Until next time,

DH

No comments:

Post a Comment